Macmaps - Mac/PC consulting and repair.
Résumé links in Word compressed Zip and Acrobat and Linkedin
Daytime hours end July 28th. We will continue evening hours eastern time indefinitely, 7PM-10PM by appointment Monday-Friday.
Retainers for continued work are also helpful.
Abraham Brody's Macmaps is in Southern Maine! Based in Waterboro, I will travel up to half an hour from there,
if paid a minimum of $54 in advance towards a minimum of half an hour service. Salaried & retainer rates are negotiable.
Macmaps has been in business since 1995. Starting in Washington DC and Baltimore Maryland area, moving in 2014 to Lakeville MA,
2017 to Mashpee in Cape Cod, and now servicing:
Scarborough, Gorham, Windham, Westbrook, Buxton, Standish, Limington, Limerick, Cornish, Hollis, Waterboro, Dayton, Lyman, Alfred, Shapleigh, Sanford, Springvale, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, Arundel, Saco, Wells, North Berwick, and Biddeford Maine.
We will continue to offer remote services to all our customers via Anydesk.
Apple Certified, Macintosh and PC consulting services.
• Malware removal and data recovery flat rates available.
• Configuration of new and refurbished machines on an hourly rate, except for data transfer which is billed based on the flat rate.
• All other services are considered hourly including repair of equipment, finding the best replacement equipment if beyond repair.
Text is also available on 202-538-1017 for any questions.
• Deposit is $54 Credit, or $50 cash on arrival. Rates dependent on travel time and work to be done.
What I do with all computers I check:
1. Is your data backed up? If not, we have data recovery options, but each entails a certain amount of risk. Let's discuss if any of your data isn't backed up and your system is inaccessible before any work is done.
2. File system health
3. Verify the system isn't over full. 85% full we need external storage to backup data to.
4. Cloud backups are not on automatic, and regular backups are set to run when they do not disturb you.
5. I check for malware, viruses, PCs I check for spyware and registry errors.
6. I check for system compatibility with upgrades.
7. Memory checks for kernel panics and Blue Screen of Death on PCs.
8. I explain each of the above terms and why it is important you know them.
9. I only upgrade once you are satisfied that the system you are about get is compatible with the upgrade and your system is at low risk for failure after upgrade.
I am an Apple Certified Mac Technician, Apple Certified iOS Technician, GIS Project Management certified, ISO 9001 and SAVI trained by FAA, and as knowledgeable in PCs as Macs.
Credit card payment is over Paypal.
A summary of the services I have performed in the past:
- Replaced LCD screens on 2017 MacBook Pro, Dell 15" touch notebooks, HP notebook.
- Replaced RAM on HP laptops that required removing the entire bottom cover.
- Replaced NVME SSD on 2015 MacBook Pro
- Replaced batteries on 2013 MacBook Air, 2015 MacBook Air, and iPhone 6.
- Replaced DC-in adapter on HP and Dell laptops that connect to logicboard.
- Replaced hard drive on iMac 2010, and HP AIO.
- Replaced thermal paste on generic PC CPUs, and CPUs in socket CPU desktops, as well as power supplies
I have also provided a wealth of Apple Support Communities User Tips to help users on Apple Inc's own website. I also have written a wide variety of tutorials on my own webpage you may access below:
Have a review? E-mail it to or visit my Feedback page, or write it on
or use the sidebar view of this page previously offered.